For young graduates looking for work, freelancers, or workers aiming to boost their career, the Middle East can be a tricky market. But as Egypt’s young talent selected by Pink Floyd to design their album cover proves, professionals can find exceptional opportunities if they know where to upload their CV. BarakaBits lists five websites that cater for every skill.
1) Bayt.com: With 650,476 followers on Facebook, it is one of the most popular sites in the region, providing complete functionality in English, Arabic and French. Bayt.com classifies jobs on the basis of qualifications, salary and requirements; there may be jobs for a PhD or a high school graduate. The company has 12 regional offices that are spread throughout the Middle East, in Kuwait, Amman, Cairo, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Riyadh and Abu Dhabi.
2) Tasmeem.me: Known as the Behance of the Middle East, Tasmeem is the perfect site for creative freelancers looking to showcase their work to service seekers. The Jordan-based website currently has a network of 11,693 talents who can upload their projects and build their portfolio, with a user-friendly interface that prioritizes images over job listings.
3) dubizzle: The international classified website counts with a massive base of 454,881 job offers in Egypt and 37,262 in Dubai. The website, which groups job offers according to the role, features an advanced search where you can submit your level of experience, career level, and salary expectations.
4) naukrigulf.com: With 30,000 vacancies listed in the Gulf area, Naukri is a comprehensive site that not only includes job listings organized by category, skills, or location, but also includes a service to aid job-seekers in writing their CVs and a career café, highlighting trends and helping expatriate workers deal with their concerns.
5) Nabbesh: Launched in Dubai in 2012, the website currently allows 41,272 freelancers from 108 cities in the Middle East to search by skill set without having to rely on a predetermined list of keywords. This feature makes it ideal for women looking to start a family, students, or anyone looking for a bit of supplemental work on the side.