Bahrain stands proud today as one of the most rapidly developing countries in the Gulf with numerous opportunities for economic growth. The ‘Middle East Lite’ which is home to a workforce community of nearly 500,000 from all across the globe, is witnessing a proliferated growth in each of its economic spheres. One of the first countries in gulf to have discovered oil in the region, Bahrain is on its way to shift from an oil-reliant economy to one which is dependent on a substantial growth in all the sectors.
Opportunities For Expats in the Country
- Having provided plentiful career opportunities in the country, over the last ten years Bahrain has proven to hold working population with immense talent. Whilst working there, professionals enjoy a higher standard of living coupled with higher income levels.
- The country’s finance sector harbors the majority of the skilled professionals in the field from different corners of the world. A sector which contributed 7% to the Bahraini economy had 37.3% of the workforce constituted by expats in 2012.
- With global investments rising to an astounding figure of US $ 1495 IN 2013, the construction industry is also witnessing a steep ascent.
- The tourism industry is developing too. Having supplied 16.7% of working population amongst expats, you can find numerous employment options in this field.
- Apart from the economic sectors, an expatriate finds himself liable to entitlements like 55 sick leaves per year, 6 months of leave without pay for women coupled with a major add-on like no tax on the income whatsoever.
- In addition to all this, an employer doesn’t have any right to withhold an employee’s passport without directions from the court. Hence, giving a worker all the assurance he needs to feel free and secure.
To sum it all up, Bahrain is a perfect destination for those who desire a healthy work environment. It all depends on your approach and skills. Opportunities in the country are abundant and up for grabs.
Author Bio: Anshuman Kukreti is a professional writer and a keen follower of the job market in gulf. His latest article focusses on the job scenario in Bahrain. Reach him at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter.
Did you find this report helpful or informative? To help us provide more inspiring, unique stories from the Middle East, donate to our crowdfunding campaign now!