There are probably hundreds of reasons good news is good for you. I can think of nine.
- Bad news fatigue. Don’t you feel it? Who among us can smile after reading the headlines for the Middle East?
- The Middle East isn’t a “Hot Mess”. After the fifth headline, I ask myself, “are these journalists living in the same place as I am?” Yeah, we have our problems…but there are millions living in peace!
- Who said “News = Bad News”? When was that memo sent? Did I miss a class?
- What you think about spreads. Think “Good” and more of it will show up.
- Good efforts are hard work—and those behind them need support. A shout-out on social media can keep someone from quitting.
- Many smalls make a big. More good news yields a greater impact. Grow it.
- We all need role-models to aspire to. They’re out there…so let’s boost their shine.
- We have creative, innovative, inspiring, funny, spirited, crazy people. Let’s recognize and celebrate them.
- Pharmacies are running out of Prozac–we need other ways to lift spirits!
Can you think of a 10th reason? Post it in the comments below.