Breakfast is considered to be the most important meal of the day, and Arabs don’t let this opportunity slip away from them! Breakfast is actually a big deal for Arabs so they make sure to have in their diverse plates a variety of nutrients needed for the day. An Arabic breakfast is characterized by having many appetizers like Pita bread, olive oil and tea. This can be seen in all Middle Eastern countries due to their shared heritage. This means that people can easily enjoy their favorite Arabic breakfast combinations anywhere in the Middle East!
Check out some well -known breakfast combinations around the Middle East that will make you want to grab a plane right away to your nearest Arab country!
1. Hummus and Falafel: This is one of the most widely-known Arabic food combinations around the world. It is very simple to make and can be accompanied with kaeek (bagel) and, of course, tea, which is indispensable in the Arabic culture!
2. White cheese, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and Pita bread: This plate isn’t only rich with nutrients and colors, but it is also quick to make if you are in a rush in the morning!
4. Shakshuka: Despite its strange name, it’s a very delicious dish made of eggs and tomatoes in a pan so there is no need to dirty plates for this one!
5. Baba Ghanoosh: This one is a mouthful, literally! Eat with Pita bread and let your taste buds sing! Other than using it as a spread on bread, it can be a dip for your veggies. It’s healthy and works for vegetarians!
6. Manakish: or the ‘Arabic Pizza’, can be customized depending on anyone’s taste. You can have your dough topped with Zeit and Za’atar (Oregano and Olive Oil), Cheese, Labaneh, or even scrambled eggs!
If you are someone that likes to try new things, these combinations are great for you! They are tasty, simple, easy to make and most importantly, a huge part of the Arabic culture and diet.
Don’t forget to leave a smile 🙂