We all know that human asset is the most important asset of any organization. Without them, no organization can become successful. But the selection of the right asset for the company is quite a difficult job. It is the greatest challenge for the management committee to recruit the right employees for the vacant job in the organization. So the selection process of choosing the right candidate can be quite a long process. In this process, the major role is being played by the psychometric tests. In these tests, the psychometric assessment of the candidate is done who has applied for the job. To analyze the actual capabilities of the candidate with the requirement of the skills for the job vacancy.
In the evaluation test, it involves a lot of types of tests that are sufficient to let you know about the candidate who has applied for the job. Even these tests help to screen the candidates and lower the cost and time involved to interview the candidates. Here are some of the most commonly used psychometric tests that are used by the organization. Let’s have a look at them.
- Aptitude test: the basic aim of these tests to check that the candidate has a certain set of skills and knowledge which are needed to do this job. This test is further divided into many parts and the organization can go with these types of tests according to their requirement. Let’s have a look at them.
- Numerical reasoning tests: This test is used to identify the capability of the person how well he can interpret the data given to him. The basic aim of this test is to know how much knowledge the candidate has about mathematics.
- Verbal reasoning tests: This test is used to evaluate the candidate based on his writing skills as well as how well the candidate is to make informed decisions. This test becomes very important for positions like Personal Assistant, receptionist, etc.
- Inductive reasoning tests: This test helps in evaluating the ability of the candidate to involve his capability of understanding the trends and patterns from the given diagrammatic data.
- Diagrammatic reasoning test: This test aims to evaluate the capability of the candidate to give logical reasons using flowcharts and diagrams.
- Logical reasoning tests: This helps in knowing the skill of the candidate to come to a logical conclusion from the given information about something. This is one of the most important tests and is mostly taken by most organizations.
- Error checking test: It helps in assessing the ability of the candidate that how quickly he can identify the error from the complex data like coded data or the data that is the combination of alphanumeric characters.
- Psychometric tests: These tests are quite informal and its practice can vary from company to company and from position to position. Mostly these set of tests are performed for the candidate for higher rank but nowadays these tests are also performed by various government recruiters to know more about the candidate personally. These are also of two types. Let’s have a look at them.
- Skill test: This test is performed by the employer to evaluate the candidate that how quickly he can learn the new skills and tricks that are required for his job profile. This type of test varies from the job profile. If a company is recruiting a web designer for their company, surely they will formulate the test in such a way that it can tell the most about the designer who has applied for this profile of the job.
- Personality tests: The most important part of the psychometric test is the personality test. All other tests are based upon the knowledge that you have learned till known. But this test clears the real person and helps in analyzing whether that person will fit into the job or not. In this test, the person can be given a situation and he is told to give his viewpoints on how he will solve that problem. The personality tests start right from the starting when the selection procedure starts. The candidate is observed every single minute, that how patiently he is waiting for his turn, how he is dealing with his co-candidate, how well he can explain himself, etc. all such stuff is covered in the personality test and surely his test also varies from company to company.
So these are a certain set of tests that are performed by the organization to evaluate the candidates. The following are the benefits of psychometric assessment of the candidates. Let’s have a look at them.
- These tests cannot be faked: Yes it is true that the candidate can show off his fake knowledge while appearing in the aptitude test but at some point in time he cannot fake himself in the psychometric test. The way of talking, dealing with things all helps in knowing the candidate. As these tests cannot be faked so the management can be able to choose the most appropriate person for their vacancy.
- These tests are cost-effective: these tests are usually performed after the aptitude test. So most of the candidates are screened before this test. And in some time, these tests help in the management to come at the point of selecting and rejecting the candidate.
- These tests add validity to the recruitment process: The recruitment process is not successful without the help of these tests. These tests help to known which candidate will fit into the culture of the company well.
So these are some of the benefits of the psychometric assessment. If the human resource manager wants to recruit the best candidate from the lot. He must use the set of these tests that will help in taking the most appropriate decision which will truly add value in o the organization in the future. As it is the human asset that will put real efforts into achieving the goal set by the organization. The management has to set up certain tests for recruitment purposes.