1) On the phone, you ask “how are you?” 5 times. In 5 different ways. In the same conversation: “A3mel eh, eh l’akhbar, akhbarak eh, kulu tamam?
2) You say ya3ni every three words. And you use the numbers when you type out romanized Arabic.
3) Time is now a relative concept. And late will never mean the same thing ever again.
4) You receive work calls at 11 pm. And it’s totally fine. You’ve started to make them, too.
5) When someone says insha’llah, you know it’s not probably really going to happen.
6) Driving in other countries now seems boring.
7) You call your partner 9 times a day. Just to know “eh l’akhbar”.
8) There is no way you hear Um Aly and think of a real person again.
9) You find yourself making jokes. All the time, even if they are really bad.
10) Going out of the house with wet hair seems like a very bad idea if you are a woman.
11) You will never even think of opening a soda without cleaning the top of the can of the dust. Never again.
12) Walking two blocks to the next kiosk seems like a marathon.
Are you also in the process of becoming Egyptian? We would love to hear your signs! Tell us in the comments below!