As 2015 is just around the corner, we at BarakaBits have prepared 5 pieces of advice to help you achieve your resolutions for the new year. Let there be no excuse!
1. Be specific. Make it easy to take the first step. Make it simple. The broader your objectives are, the more lost you will feel when trying to accomplish them.
2. Support yourself. Whether it is to quit smoking, start the gym, or quit your job and change careers, have confidence in yourself and your abilities. Believe that you can do it, otherwise, you will be perpetuating the failure you fear. Turn “I can’t” into “I will.”
3. Go all or nothing. Don’t leave room for grey areas or middle terms. Make it the only possible course of action, and set clear simple steps to achieve it.
4. Set a calendar. Put yourself a deadline. Determine different stages leading to the final accomplishment, and choose a reward for every time you achieve them.
5. Dare to dream. Silence the inner critical voices and ignore what others say. It is the “impossible” that stretches you and shows you what you can become.