Arabs culture is rife with superstitions, ranging from the evil eye to the fear of shoes that are not facing the ground. We listed 8 superstitions you’ll find in Damascene society, the oldest continuously inhabited city in the Middle East.
1) If your right hand feels itchy you will receive money, if it’s the left one, you will pay money.
2) If your right eye blinks, you’re going to hear good news, if the left one, it’s bad news.
3) If your right ear buzzes, someone is gossiping positively about you; if the left ear buzzes it’s bad gossip.
4) Accidental coffee spilling is a good sign, and might mean you’ll be soon making some money.
5) If you’re having a meal and someone comes over, his future mother-in-law will like him.
6) When a walking baby suddenly starts to crawl, you must tidy your house because you’re getting unexpected guests.
7) When you have unwelcome guests, try to put a needle in a broom and they well leave soon.
8) When you see a dead cat you should pull your hair immediately.
Do you know of any other superstitions from the Arab World? Share them with us in the comments below!